Best things to bring on a ferry to France
Taking the ferry to France is such an exciting way to begin and end a holiday. On the way to France you have 24 hours relaxing on a boat before continuing to your destination.
We see our passengers let go of the stress of day to day life from the moment they board in Rosslare.
If you are getting the ferry to France with us this summer, there are some things you can bring which will help make the crossing even more enjoyable:
1) Cross body bag or backpack: if you are bringing a bag on board choose one you can carry and keep your hands free to hold railings when you are climbing the stairs from the hold of the ferry to the decks and as you move around during the crossing.
2) Snacks: while we have a wide range of restaurants onboard with family meal deals, you may want to bring some favourite snacks, particularly if you are travelling with young children. Although most of our summer crossings are very smooth, ginger biscuits are handy to nibble on if tummy’s are feeling a bit queasy.
3) Entertainment: there is lots of entertainment onboard, from family friendly films to a disco for the tweens and video games that are sure to keep teenagers entertained for hours. If you have favourite travel games bring them along, there’s plenty of room to play in the lounges. A disposable camera is a fun way to allow your children make their own memories onboard without having to risk your phone! Finally, books are brilliant for settling children down to sleep after a fun evening at the disco and play area.
4) Surprises: pick up a few small toys or treats from a euro shop to surprise unsuspecting children. Leave them in the cabin to bribe them away from the fun and games on the deck when it really is time for bed.
5) Pamper kit: couple travelling alone? Have a few minutes away from the children? If you have booked a cabin, bring a pamper kit for yourself and get holiday ready on the way to France. Choose a favourite face, hand or foot treatment (nothing too messy), load some relaxing music on your phone and take some time out to unwind as you sail away.
Checklist of things to bring on board the ferry to France that will fit into a small backpack
- Spare clothes for everyone
- Colouring books/games
- Sun cream
- Any medicines needed
What are you waiting for? Start packing today! We can’t wait to welcome you on board. If you haven’t booked yet, don’t worry there’s still availability on some of our summer sailings but you have to be quick. Book your ferry to France